Company offers repair programs for this item.
Members give at least 1% of their annual sales directly to approved environmental nonprofits.
This brand has a program that donates part of the purchase price to charity.
Business classification for companies dedicated to providing a social benefit
Morning sun disperses last night’s frost, bringing to life a new day with new thoughts such as, Why are we climbing in the shade? For those frigid starts, the highly refined construction and fabric of this Regulator® fleece trap heat and breathe freely. The main body relies on high-loft Polartec® Thermal Pro® recycled polyester fabric, which is superlight, wicking, compressible, stretchy and soft. R1® Polartec Power Grid® high/low grid panels wrap each cuff, and run along the underside of the arms and down the sides to improve fit, mobility and comfort range. The cuff’s spiral-stitch construction won’t constrict your forearms when you push up the sleeves; the softly lined inner collar and kissing-welt zipper garage go easy on the neck and chin; Sonic/Stitch seam construction on all zippers reduces bulk; offset shoulder seams stay clear of pack straps; zippers close the external pockets (one chest and two handwarmers, above harness line), while the handwarmers’ pocket bags double as stealthy internal mesh drop-in pockets.
- Exceptionally warm, directionally knit Polartec® Thermal Pro® fabric is breathable, compressible, wicks moisture and dries quickly
- R1® Polartec Power Grid™ on side panels, sleeves and cuffs for improved fit, breathability and abrasion resistance
- Technical fit, underarm gussets and raglan sleeves for increased mobility and comfort under outerwear and packs
- All zippers have Sonic/Stitch seam construction to reduce bulk and improve suppleness; soft kissing-welt zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Spiral-seam construction at cuff allows sleeves to push up easily without constricting forearms
- One left-chest pocket and two high handwarmer pockets have Slim Zip installs, clean-finished zipper garages, and are harness- and pack-compatible; two interior drop-in mesh pockets
- Body: 6.1-oz Polartec® Thermal Pro® 97% polyester (63% recycled)/3% spandex. Side panels and cuffs: 6.3-oz Polartec Power Grid™ 93% recycled polyester/7% spandex.
- Fabric is bluesign® approved
- 331 g (11.7 oz)
- Made in Colombia.
RECYCLED POLYESTER VIDEO
In 1993, Patagonia adopted fleece into their product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. They were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Patagonia was able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. They now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments into polyester fibers to produce many of their clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.