Made from plant or animal based materials rather than synthetics.
Get your kid their first knife from Opinel! With all the safety features needed to allow your kid to learn this vital tool. The red helps you find it!
- A rounded tip for added safety, also perfect for picnics, to spread butter and make sandwiches.
- Safety ring
- Best for ages 7-11
- Blade Length:8 cm - 3.15 in
- Made in France
- Invented by Marcel Opinel in 1955, the Virobloc safety ring is fitted to all folding knives as of the N° 06. Cut out of stainless steel, the Virobloc has two sections, one fixed and one sliding. In addition to locking the blade open (safety in use), it is now possible to lock the blade closed (safety in transport)
- Beech is the most commonly used wood for the manufacture of Opinel handles. From France, our beech is hard, durable and easy to work. With a homogeneous appearance, its light color varies from yellow to pink. It is characterized by the presence of numerous small, -dark dashes.
- We use Sandvik 12C27 modified stainless steel. It is anti-corrosive thanks to the addition of chrome and requires no special maintenance. Its carbon content of at least 0.40% provides an excellent cutting edge.