Ethical and sustainable production of products.
MOHINDERS makes shoes that will last a lifetime. Handcrafted, iconic designs from Northern Karnataka, India. Each pair is made by master shoemakers in the shoes’ town of origin. Centuries-old technical skill plus modern updates make them distinctive, wearable shoes that only get better with time.
CLASSIC: A traditional hide tanning method is used to create the strong and supple leather called bag-tanning. This allows for minimal processing and the use of a purely vegetable-based tanning solution. Using water, acacia tree bark, and the myrobalan nut.
OILED: Every pair oiled by hand using a blend of plant-based oils, beeswax, and propolis. The deep brown won’t rub off on your feet, and can be easily re-conditioned at home using Obenauf’s leather oil. The traditionally-tanned water buffalo is made by hand in small batches, so each pair has a unique surface grain; natural variation in color tone is to be expected.
- Full-grain leather produced in small batches in India
- Cushioned footbed
- Natural crepe rubber sole
- Cavani hand-weaving creates a durable, non-adhesive bond between upper and midsole
- Made by highly skilled, fairly-compensated artisans
Women's City Slippers run true to size. Round up if you're a half size.
- The backless style is a slight change at first; don't worry if they feel like they're slipping off, initially. Within a few wears the leather will form to your feet and they'll stay on.
- Supposed to fit pretty tight initially. If your toes push up against the front—and aren’t curling—it’s a fit. If your toes are curling, go up a size. After a few wears they’ll soften and fit right.
Follow these steps to see whether it’s a fit.
push up against the front.
Don’t get them soaking wet.
- This can cause the cavani (side-weaving) to come undone.
- No need to use leather condition but if you want too go for it!