Product is built in the United States
Earn cool points with your friends for your mixology skills. Use this kit to barrel age your own ingredients, which lend a deep, smoky-sweet undertone to both spirits and cocktails, rounding out the sharp edges of the alcohol. Take the process out of the distillery and cocktail bar and into your home with barrel aging staves. These pieces of bourbon barrel-grade oak have been drilled to create maximum surface area and charred, allowing you to rapidly age spirits right in the bottle—no barrel required.
- Two Charred Oak Barrel Aging Staves
- Cheesecloth Strainer
- Barrel Aging Guide
Barrel-Aged Gin Old Fashioned
Makes two cocktails
- 4 shots barrel-aged gin
- 2 cubes cane sugar
- 10 dashes aromatic bitters
- 2 strips orange zest
- Add the cane sugar cubes and aromatic bitters to a mixing glass.
- Muddle the ingredients until the sugar has mostly dissolved.
- Add the Barrel-Aged Gin and orange zest.
- Add ice to just above the level of the liquid, and stir for 15 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into rocks glasses containing large cubes of ice, and garnish with remaining orange zest.
Makes 750 ml
- 750 ml bottle of gin
- 2 barrel aging staves
- Add two barrel aging staves to a 750 ml bottle of gin. Cap and set aside for 10 days.
- Strain the aged gin through cheesecloth and store in a cool dark place.